Veneers – Bristol, CT
Say Goodbye to Smile Imperfections
There are several ways that our dentists here at Bristol Family Dental can help you improve the appearance of your smile. If, however, your teeth have so many cosmetic flaws that you don’t know where to start, the wide array of treatment choices may be overwhelming. But thanks to a treatment known as porcelain veneers, we can give several of your teeth a complete makeover at the same time! If you’ve been dreaming of attaining a flawless smile, contact us today to ask for a consultation for veneers.
What Are Veneers?
A veneer is a super-thin, tooth-colored shell made of dental porcelain. In the past, veneers were made of composite resin, but porcelain is much more durable, lifelike, and stain resistant. When bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth, veneers can correct the following flaws:
- Small but noticeable chips and cracks
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Irregularly shaped or disproportionately small teeth
- Discolorations or stains that don’t respond to teeth whitening treatment
- Small gaps between teeth
Veneers are by far the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatment available today. And best of all, the process takes only a couple of appointments.
The Process of Getting Veneers
After your consultation to determine whether you’re an ideal candidate for veneers, getting these custom restorations requires only two visits to our Bristol office. First, we’ll prep your teeth by removing an ultra-thin sliver of enamel. This way, the veneers won’t look bulky in your smile. The next step involves taking impressions of your prepped teeth and sending those molds to a trusted dental lab. A professional ceramist will get to work on crafting your veneers to our exact specifications. We may place temporaries in the meantime to let you get used to how they look and feel. A few weeks later, you’ll return to our office. We’ll place your permanent veneers and voila! Your smile now looks effortlessly perfect!
Benefits of Veneers
Some of the advantages of porcelain veneers are:
- Stain resistance: Porcelain isn’t as porous as natural tooth enamel, so it won’t absorb discoloring particles nearly as easily.
- Natural appearance: Each veneer is custom shaded to blend in with your existing smile while also correcting cosmetic imperfections.
- Durability: Compared to composite resin veneers, porcelain veneers are quite durable. As long as you take good care of them, they can last upwards of a decade before they need to be replaced.
- Minimally invasive treatment: Compared to dental crowns, which are meant to cover the entire tooth, veneers require less preparation and enamel removal.
Caring for Your Veneers
Taking care of veneers is easy; simply stick to the same habits that keep your natural pearly whites beautiful. Here are some habits that help you get the most out of your new smile:
- Brush and floss on a regular basis.
- Don’t chew on ice, pens, or other hard objects.
- Avoid opening packaging with your teeth.
- If you play sports, make sure your teeth are protected with a customized mouthguard.
- If you grind your teeth at night, ask us about a nightguard to protect your teeth as well as your veneers.
- Visit Bristol Family Dental twice a year for regular checkups and cleanings.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
It’s important to remember that you get what you pay for when it comes to any kind of cosmetic dentistry. If you are set on achieving a showstopping, Hollywood look, you cannot go wrong with veneers, but you should understand how much you can expect to spend. While the cost of veneers in Bristol is different for each person, you’ll want to make sure you examine all your available options. Because there are many cosmetic solutions that are designed to improve your smile’s aesthetics, it’s worthwhile to take a look at the different price points before making a decision.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Right for Me?
At Bristol Family Dental, you will find that we offer various cosmetic solutions. If you’re unsure which one is right for achieving your smile goals and staying within your budget, here’s a brief description of each below:
- Veneers: If you want to change the size, shape, and color of your teeth, veneers in Bristol are the way to go. As a permanent solution, they do cost more but can remain in place for a decade or longer.
- Direct Cosmetic Tooth Bonding: Capable of fixing minor imperfections, direct cosmetic tooth bonding is a quicker, more affordable option because it can be completed in just one dental visit. However, it does need to be replaced more often than veneers.
- Invisalign: Clear aligners are a great way to realign your smile and close small gaps; however, they cannot alter the size, shape, or color of your teeth. They’re also much more expensive than veneers.
- Teeth Whitening: In-office and at-home whitening kits are a great way to blast away stains, but that’s all they can do. If you have “small” or misshapen teeth, whitening will not be of much help.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
If you’re worried about how you’ll be able to afford veneers, it’s important that you talk to your cosmetic dentist in Bristol about available payment options. Since dental insurance will not cover the cost of treatment, you’ll be pleased to learn that we offer:
- Bristol Family Membership Plan: If you are uninsured, you can receive many of the same great benefits as a normal dental insurance plan but without many of the restrictions. You’ll also receive a 12% discount on various treatments and products.
- Flexible Financing: As a partner with CareCredit, you can apply for a low or zero interest financing plan. This allows you to choose an option that is within your budget so you can improve the health and aesthetics of your smile.
Porcelain Veneers FAQs
Are you considering enhancing your smile with porcelain veneers in Bristol, but still have a few questions? We’ll be happy to go over all the information you need during your consultation, but until then, we encourage you to peruse the frequently asked questions our cosmetic dentists get about porcelain veneers below.
Are Porcelain Veneers Permanent?
Unlike other parts of your body, your enamel doesn’t rebuild itself. Even though only a layer about as thick as a contact lens needs to be removed to place your veneers, this area will always need to be covered. While your veneers can be removed if absolutely necessary, your teeth won’t be aesthetically pleasing and will be at a higher risk of damage and decay. Thankfully, you should only ever need to remove your veneers if you’re having a damaged one replaced. With the proper care, you can fully expect to enjoy your stunning smile for many years to come!
Does It Hurt to Get Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers offer a minimally invasive way to improve your pearly whites. We’ll apply a local anesthetic to ensure you are as comfortable as possible when your teeth are being prepared for your new veneers. Having impressions taken and getting your veneers bonded in place should cause no discomfort at all. As you get used to your new porcelain veneers, you may experience slight tooth sensitivity. This short-lived sensation should be easily managed with over-the-counter pain relievers. Before you know it, your new porcelain veneers will feel just as natural as they look!
How Many Porcelain Veneers Will I Need?
Each porcelain veneer is custom made, so you can choose to improve the appearance of a single tooth if you like. However, we typically recommend getting veneers for your front two, four, six, or eight teeth for the best results. During your consultation, we’ll carefully inspect your smile and go over your goals to help you determine the ideal number of porcelain veneers you’ll need.
Can Anyone Get Porcelain Veneers?
If you have extensive tooth decay, it’s not a good idea to simply cover it up with porcelain veneers. Leaving cavities untreated can lead to painful dental infections and even tooth loss. Instead, we’ll be happy to help you get your oral health back on track before starting any cosmetic treatments. Additionally, a condition called bruxism (teeth grinding) can potentially damage or weaken your veneers, so it will need to be addressed first as well. We’ll look closely for any warning signs of this issue and suggest using a custom nightguard to protect your smile from damage.
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost?
Just like no two smiles are the same, the cost of porcelain veneers varies from patient to patient depending on their unique needs. The final cost of your treatment will depend on factors such as how many veneers you need and if you need any preliminary services like a custom nightguard. We’ll be able to give you a personalized estimate and an explanation of fees during your consultation. While dental insurance typically doesn’t cover porcelain veneers, we offer a Bristol Family Membership Plan and financing through CareCredit to help make your dental treatment as affordable as possible.
Ready to get the smile you’ve always wanted? Call us today to schedule your consultation and start your journey towards a set of pearly whites you’ll be excited to show off!